Few features of your home are more important than the roof, so it’s not surprising that tends to present the greatest financial commitment when the time comes for necessary repair or replacement. On the bright side, there are plenty of steps you can take to extend the life of your roof like routine inspections (we recommend semi-annual appointments & keep it easy to remember by combining it with your gutter cleanings) to help you identify problems quickly and avoid costly problems down the road. Keep in mind that, sooner or later, ALL roofs need replacing due to normal weathering.
It can put a dent in your finances, but the benefits that come along with a new roof can be good news, too. Here are five benefits you’ll enjoy as a result of your new roof:
- Improved Cub Appeal Many home improvement tasks center around looks, so there’s no reason to discount the massive impact a new roof can have on curb appeal. There are so many roofing materials available today that you can almost always get a custom look at an affordable price.
- Increased Home Value Putting a new roof on your home significantly increases its value. Curb appeal is definitely a primary reason, but buyers are also willing to pay more for the assurance that roof replacement isn’t going to be a concern for many years to come.
- Reduced Energy Costs Modern roofing techniques and materials are far more energy-efficient than what may have been used on your home when it was built or in its most recent replacement. Whether you’re trying to keep the sun from beating down on your house and heating it or you’re hoping to keep the cold wind from getting in, the proper roofing choices can accomplish those goals and result in lower utility bills.
- Lower Insurance Premiums If you’re replacing your roof, one of the first calls you might consider is to your insurance agent. There are several discounts you may qualify to receive. As stated by Coverhound: “you can generally expect to save between 5 percent and 10 percent on your premium – though some providers may go up to 20 percent“. This is especially true if you replace an older roofing type with modern fire- and water-resistant shingles. Asphalt shingles, the most popular choice in North America, accomplish both and are extremely affordable to boot.
- Less Overall StressOnce your new roof is installed, you won’t need to constantly worry about its condition and whether the next storm will be the one that causes disruptions in your daily routine. You also have the peace of mind knowing that any minor roofing repairs that arise will most likely be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty, the workmanship warranty or both.
Is it time for your roof to be replaced? Let’s have one of our experts take a look at deliver your free quote! Find your nearest HOMEMASTERS location and use the Request-A-Quote form on their page or just call us at (888) 400-1815 and we’ll get your project in motion.
HOMEMASTERS handles roofing, siding, gutters, windows & handyman projects in Portland, Oregon, Salem, Oregon, Vancouver, Washington, Salt Lake City, Utah and Provo, Utah.